County Hall, Aylesbury, England 1740

The County Town of Buckinghamshire was moved from Buckingham to Aylesbury after the English Civil War. This fine brick County Hall building was completed in Aylesbury between 1737 and 1740, in the Palladian style, to the designs of Thomas Harris of Cublington. It is still in use today as a court. The new County Hall, a brutalist concrete tower structure, is seen to the right, towering over the town. It has several times been voted one of Britain’s ugliest buildings. read more

Monumento al Redentore (Caltanissetta)

Il monumento al Redentore (u’ Ridinturi in siciliano) è un monumento in pietra e bronzo sito sulla vetta del monte San Giuliano, a Caltanissetta.
Si trova sulla sommità del monte San Giuliano, a 727 m s.l.m., circondato da un belvedere lastricato da cui da cui è visibile tutta la città e gran parte della Sicilia centrale. read more

Pergusa Lake

Il lago di Pergusa è l’unico lago naturale ormai presente in Sicilia, e si trova a pochi chilometri da Enna. È di modeste dimensioni ma di grande importanza geologica, faunistica e culturale e per questo vi è stata istituita la prima Riserva Naturale Speciale della Regione Siciliana, mentre l’Unione europea ha promosso il lago a Sito d’Importanza Comunitaria (Sito di interesse comunitario). read more