The County Town of Buckinghamshire was moved from Buckingham to Aylesbury after the English Civil War. This fine brick County Hall building was completed in Aylesbury between 1737 and 1740, in the Palladian style, to the designs of Thomas Harris of Cublington. It is still in use today as a court. The new County Hall, a brutalist concrete tower structure, is seen to the right, towering over the town. It has several times been voted one of Britain’s ugliest buildings.